Friday, April 08, 2005

Book Meme a.k.a Pass on the hard pillow subsitute

Dhammo posted this meme last week on his blog and I think he must be miffed that I haven't continued the meme, inspite of asking him if I should. Well, a combination of certain factors caused this delay. But as Thalaivar says, If I am late, I usually do the latest. Oh, well, I guess I am not creative (unlike this lady who has proposed a new term, foxymoron) enough, especially if I have to translate and paraphrase at the same time. But at the advice of the above mentioned lady, I am not giving up.

Ok, without further ado, here goes.

1. You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451! which book do you want to be?
- Animal Farm by George Orwell. I haven't read any other book that captured the essence of life in Communist Russia as much as this one did. And did it cleverly too. On first look, it seemed to be a children's novel full of talking animals, but it soon turned dark and cynical.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
- Oh yeah. Nandini (Aishwarya Rai) from Hum Dil Chuke Sanam. Kathleen "Shop girl" Kelly (Meg Ryan) from You've Got Mail. Fran Kubelik (Shirley Temple) from The Apartment, the list goes on and on. Currently though, it's Donna Moss (Janel Moloney) from the West Wing. So, I guess that I do share Dhammo's fascination with the performing arts.

3. The last book you bought is:
- Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. Served me well during last Thanksgiving's flight to Tampa.

4. The last book you read:
- The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt

5. What are you currently reading?
- Life of Pi, by Yann Martel

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island:
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien, The Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, The Picador Book of Cricket by Ramachandra Guha (an anthology), Swami and Friends by R.K.Narayan, Animal Farm by George Orwell

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
+ Ramanand, since seriously one can't win Mastermind without doing some reading.
+ Vindy, cos he currently has 5 books on his "I'm Reading...." list and can be counted on to provide us with a few laughs along the way.
+ IshwarOne, since his use of terms such as Karmic Tithes, indicates his suitability.
+ Jay, cos he was my source for a number of books that I have read, including my first Rushdie.
+ Meghana, the femme fatale who probably does more trips to the public library in Newark than anybody else. I think this might be a good way to give her a chance to keep her place on my blogroll after my spring cleaning. (*snicker snicker)

I do have some more on my list. But they have told me at various points in time that they would not wanna be caught dead browsing through this blog. But I know they are around, since I know how funny and intellectual I am. Seriously...

15 comments:

capriciously_me said...

hey congrats anti...ur blog get mentioned in the hindu :D

capriciously_me said...

oops...*gets mentioned*

anantha said...

en blog a? :O

Vinod said...

Hey, me having doubt? isn't the first question supposed to be answered with a book you really hate??

bigplans said...

yo anti! congrats on newsmaking mate.

bigplans said...

yo anti! congrats on newsmaking mate.

bigplans said...

yo anti! congrats on newsmaking mate.

D said...

hey anti, thanx for following up. you picked a nice selection too. the life of pi is an excellent dark book. read amsterdam - another dark book.
Dhammo

Ramanand said...

I'll do this soon :-)
You making news of late?

anantha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anantha said...

aNTi said...
@ CM: Thanx :)

@ Vindy: Good selection on yours...

@ Jays: Thanx da.. Intersting to see you pic Ramachandra Guha as well :)

@ Dhammo: Thanx dude

@ Ramanand: I am not a news maker, mostly a news announcer :D Most ppl did not know till I told them :p
Btw, saw a couple of pics and a impressive set of writeups on your Mastermind win. Now those are the true hallmarks of a newsmaker ;)

bigplans said...

u r welcome mate!..thats a super super book. gud u shifted to usaland ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://jgnyfzub.com/lxuc/yqaj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dkgdrham.com/hcay/tpll.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://jgnyfzub.com/lxuc/yqaj.html | http://muqnfdzl.com/qkxv/bwuu.html