Wednesday, August 31, 2005

310g Day?


I first thought that this was another of those tags. And then, just now I came across this page! So knowing that I technically have 3 2 hours left, I am just gonna go ahead and tell you about 5 bloggers who I read or atleast check everyday to see if they have posted something. As per the norm, I have tried to choose 5 bloggers on my blogroll who haven't had the spotlight shine on them so far today (I think they do deserve much more than just a mention on my blog today). So, without much ado, here goes.


Alpha : The jaunty Queen of the desi blogosphere courtesy her win at the 2003 Indibloggies (Best Humorous Indiblog) . She has been described in the past, as Lalithaji (of the old Surf fame). But she seems to take it in her stride and she actually once called me Ravi beta (but I think made a wisecrack about Surf first). She never fails to bring the house down with her posts and her comments section is always a laugh-riot in the making. Goes on a hiatus atleast once a year (I think she has had two long breaks so far in the 2 years she has blogged) and when this happens, she has every single one of her readers clamoring for her re-appearance. She is currently on an encore and I hope she atleast does a Sholay, if not a Mouse Trap with this one.

Guru Subramanian a.k.a LazyGeek: Twice in a row winner (2003 and 2004) at the Indibloggies (Best Humanities IndiBlog a.ka. Best Media Indiblog) . We seem to share a lot of interests (Thalaivar padams, Maniratnam movies etc.) and his blog seems to be a meeting point and battleground for Tamil movie fans who seem to belong to one camp or the other. Often his readers battle using his comments section, on their own planks, be it Mani Ratnam vs Bala and Rajini vs Kamal and he graciously stands aside, never playing the school master. Curiously ( he denies that it is intentional) almost every single post about Rajini on his blog always follows one about Kamal (and vice versa). And judging by the rate and variety of his posts, he is not the lazy geek he claims to be.

George Thomas: I have mentioned him at least once previously and will do so again. Probably the most under-rated blogger ever and that is because, IMHO, most of his posts would go over people's heads. In short, he is a fellow quizzer, movie buff and die hard RDB groupie who never ceases to amaze me. His blog is one of the reasons this blog exists at all. Probably the most erudite, non-professional (won't insult him by using the term armchair) movie critic that I know. Seems to watch the most unknown (to most of us) movies and his movie reccomendations could be cast in stone. Watch (and listen) on George!

Vinod G a.k.a Vindy: I have met him in Chennai at the QFI and never did I realise that he could express things the way he does on his blog. Funny guy. Again a fellow quizzer and Thalaivar fan (even our Yahoo addy's are similar) who actually had a countdown to the 100th day of Chandramukhi on his blog. His comic takes on the serious-est of things are legendary, and he does ruffle a few feathers along the way. But he does not mind and few wisecracks later, manages to soothe the frayed tempers and he is rolling again. Vinod machi, weight-a kaami!.

Bharath: In a short span of 15 months (much more if you were to count the guest peices on The Hindu, Rediff and other places), this dude has managed to write so much about things that each of us go through in day to day life that I can't express cogently, ever!. Academics, work, movies, name it, he has a stand. He is opinionated, but the reasoning behind the opinion is always in plainview. He's made me THINK lately and that is why I am shouting out to him too. Way to go, Bharath.

I might have chosen to mention only 5 of you bloggers, but the truth is that each entry on my blogroll sees action from the right button of my mouse (*I use Firefox and use the right button to open each link in a new tab*) multiple times every day, be it to read new posts or to exchange comments. So this shout actually goes to each and every one of you on my blogroll and then to some more who don't find places there yet, solely because I am a lazy ass!

So all of you celebrate today. You make my day everyday by telling me something interesting about the world around me and sometimes I wonder about what I used to do before I ever knew that there was something called a Weblog. Spread the love, guys and BLOG ON!

31 comments:

Me said...

i came to know abt alpha from ur blog....nothing has been so interesting than her posts...she writes awesome...she is my fav blogger...writing one post like that is great but writing consistently like that is beyond words...

I have been following bharath for some time...he writes pretty good...in fact i have printed out if p then q and read it couple of times...

i haven't been to thomas or vindy...regularly follow lazygeek...

believe me some of ur posts goes above of head... ;)

Saranya Kishore said...

wow!!! :)

Aug 31 is almost over hre now, and my blog quota for today is done...
Will check out these blogs... they sound sooo interesting..

Chakra Sampath said...

Good post aNTi.

I used to read Alpha's post long back... i think i didn't go back once she went on a hiatus.. thanks to you, i'll be reading hers again. Also, its a good way of introducing other bloggers as well.

Weary Hag said...

Well hello and thank you so kindly for visiting my blog!
I've enjoyed reading your blog reviews here and will try hard to stop by each one soon. You've done a great job giving them all applause ~ it's nice to take the time to do that in your own space.

alpha said...

My T-shirts need to be cut at the neckline. I hope you know my head shouldn't expand anymore.

awwww! Ravi beta! You be my bessssssht friend or best son! Man! If I should have given your some more money and some Surf to wash your veshtis, you would have probably written a few more paras about me. This will do for now.


Thanks so much. Also thanks to me (not that concieted..there is a guy called ME), chakra and many others who make blogging worthwhile.

back to 'hiatus' mode. please let me know if anyone else is saying good things abt me, ok.

anantha said...

Lalithaji: Arre, aap vaapas hiatus mein gaye? Hmmm, but I think I know why this time. All the best. But aap idhar aake kuch comment vomment likh kar jaayenge naa? And ya, I'd write a lot of paras about you. Space and time were the only constraints. And are you saying I am doing all this for money and Surf? :O *dabs the solitary tear from the corner of his right eye and then his left eye*

Weary Hag: Thank you :)

Chakra: Looks like Alpha's back..on a hiatus again... but she will be back, soon, I hope....

SK: Have fun... I see you have already commented on Alpha's :)

Me: Thalai, how's life. Bharath's If not P then Q post a? I got information from a similar source that adha paathiyum romba think panna koodadhu nu. Read it once or twice. it was an eye-opener, but don't get into the "too much analysis" mode. Not right for ppl like us at this point of time. And Thank you.... Vandha oru comment vittu po and do some blogging yourself....

anantha said...

Me: A rejoinder for you. A friend told me not to think too much about what you have already done (cos thats could be a waste of time), but about what you can do differently. Thats what i meant when I told you not to think too much about it.

Prabhu: Podhuma?

GratisGab said...

Your agnostic lazygeek friend has a great thing going there....thanks for sharing! Will check out the others now..

Me said...

going on aNTi...... starting to think what i can do differently .....

Anonymous said...

Nakkal di naaye:)

-You know who

anantha said...

You know who: You know who?????

Me: Machi, if you have a anonymous id or something, shoot me an email. Mebbe we can exchange info/network... u never know da..

Gabby: This is a new side of Lazy. But he does have a great thing going. Like I said, we share a huge liking for certain things and his comments section resemble one huge fish market, especially if the topic is polarizing, like when it is about Tam movies or music.

lazygeek said...

Thanks Thalai for the plug !! Sivaji'kku USla oru vizha eduthidalaam.

Zero said...

Agree completely on George! He is the foremost of the movie blogs I respect the most (and I read mostly movie blogs only). And he is not trapped as a star blogger and thats a boon in disguise for its content, I would say.

IBH said...

wow! so many good bloggers with their awesome writing......i feel so little...well! LG,Anti nanum join pannuren Sivaji vizhaku :)

Hail Thalaivar :)

anantha said...

Ibh/Lazy: Sivaji sure shot jackpot.... Someone emailed me to my Yahoo id (the same as this blog's url) about a Sivaji centric blog and I am watching the proceedings. Right now konjam hear-say news jaasthi irruku. Once I am sure they mean business, will plug it in on here.

Zero: True...its loaded with info if you are a movie buff :)

Lazy: Sivajikku Thiruvizha dhaan...

Hawkeye said...

Anti,

Thanks for the shout Anti and listing me among the 5.A big BIG BIIIG BIIIIIIIIIIGGGG Sivaji fan here. I dont think there is a movie of his i havent watched at least twice.

Thanks for the george thomas link. I am a movie buff and his blog is a gold mine.

-- blogger formerly known as bharath :-)

Lazy Geek said...

Zero, Said that right !! Am not yapping here but its a blessing in disguise.

anantha said...

LG: Why won't you yap here? :)

Bharath: Thank YOU. And one more thing, heard about the new Shankar-Rajini project called....Sivaji? :D

thennavan said...

Anti, noticed that your blogroll starts off slim, has a bulge in the middle and again comes back to the original shape. Was it by design or by accident?

:-)

anantha said...

Thennavan: If you have a Blogrolling account, then go to the Preferences section and look for "Sorting Tricks"! Adhu dhaan matter...

Twilight Fairy said...

So 'anti' is actually a short form of your name.. or is it all things 'anti'.. :p

J said...

Ahem... how about adding one more blogger in the next post?

anantha said...

TF: Yup and nah....It is short for a name whose first part has 16 letters, the last has 11 and the middle has 7 (or 8 as my father corrected me the other day!). And I cannot be described as a rebellious, well not completely. But I do have a few pet causes.

J: Hmmm, but you are already there :)

capriciously_me said...

nice links anti :D

& world peace :P

Hawkeye said...

Anti,

wanted to mention this about the article you and "me" :-) discussed. Its not meant to over analyze and feel bad about yourself. But on the contrary get fired up and get some adrenalin going. You can never change the past but you can learn from the moments which burnt you.(and you very well know that I have been burnt b4 :-) ).

btw...ur page loads up with errors on it. look at the bottom of the page when ur page loads up.

anantha said...

Hawkeye: Thanx boss.. Did someone tell you about my discussion with him (by him I don't mean "Me")? Anyways, I tend to overanalyze all the time so this was nothing new. But I got your point and I know it is coming from someone who has been through the grind.

Errors? Let me see, though I am thinking its because of some of the Java scripts that run for the assorted stuff on my page.

CM: Ya, they are nice links... but World peace?? :)

capriciously_me said...

it was a miss.congeniality post buddy ;)

Zero said...

Well, always wanted to tell you this. You are the most active blogger I ve seen with a very extensive network. I see you regularly commenting in too many blogs.

anantha said...

Zero: Hopefully not for much longer boss.

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://xerwroyx.com/svdn/zrbr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hjjcjoqt.com/juac/wwdf.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://xerwroyx.com/svdn/zrbr.html | http://tariuhni.com/mluq/vvgq.html