Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend post

Just back after a weekend trip to the New England area - a 6 hour plus drive back to the First State. My buddy from undergrad, G, wanted to move his stuff from here in Delaware to his home base in Quincy, Massachusetts (wow, actually spelt it right in the first try.. well almost, not counting the two extra vowels!). On Wednesday, when he asked me if I could drive down, I agreed almost immediately, but later was in some doubt with some other issues threatening to throw cold water.

But was praying I could go, since a visit to the immediate environs of Boston, threw up some interesting possibilities, including possibly meeting a couple of bloggers (Raapi, I knew you, KSP and Badri in Shanmugha, so meeting you in Chicago did not count as a blogger meet).

And before you start asking, well, the last mentioned did not happen. An ever present worry that the fracas at the George Washington Bridge that extended our Friday night drive by atleast 4 hours would cause similar delays during our return was one major reason. Another reason was the fact that I did not do my usual "I am taking charge now and you do what I say" control freak routine that I do sometimes, particularly when it comes to organizing a trip, moving houses or packing bags! It would not have worked with G ;)

But I got to speak to two of my favorite bloggers - Megha and Gabby! And that definitely amounts to something, if not everything that I wanted to do this weekend.

So, otherwise, G and me actually did nothing. We looked at a couple of apartments for him and walked alongside the shoreline at Quincy in the evening on Saturday. And I got to look at the Boston skyline from afar. Other than that we did nothing, but laze around. Oh, I finally got to watch Cliffhanger, a flick that I have wanted to watch (for no major reason) for years now.

Anyways, we got so worried about the drive back that we decided to get out a couple of hours earlier than planned and that depending on how the drive was going to be during the first hour or so, stop at Providence for lunch and a stroll. And we managed to do just that (the George Washington bridge took just 5 minutes to cross on the return leg) and am now back in Delaware.

And this link is to atone for posting something about nothing this week!

17 comments:

rajesh said...

Although it wasn't a blogger's meet,the Chicago trip is a wonderful occasional to remember and relive..:)
The photo session that U n I had..hehehe..
That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Knowing G, I don't think you would have gone far trying to control him.

anantha said...

Anon: Did I tell you anything about controlling G? I don't control. I only reason. The pros and the cons are set right there in front of the other person's eyes. :)
Raapi: I havent seen any of those pics. But again, any pics that have my face on them, usually are the better ones. I enrich every frame that I am a part of...

dev2r said...

Then why the hell are we seeing the back of your head in every comment you make?

anantha said...

Dev2r: Cos the front might give ppl a nightmare ;) Besides it seems much more artistic and adds a mysterious aura, dont you think?

rajesh said...

Dev..
what do u mean by "back" of your head?
Cmon don't insult the poor thing..
Its in fact the front side of Anti.. :D

-Raapi

dev2r said...

Raapi: I guess he's going Anniyan-style then? ;-)

cvs said...

Dei anantha
Am in Boston now.in a graphics Co.

-vaidya

anantha said...

Vaidya: Good da... I thought u were in Chicago? Eppo graduate pannina? I was in the Quincy area and saw Boston from afar!

Dev: :p

Raapi: Dei, at least onna maadhiri fraud thanam pannala da! Veshti, angavastharam, pattai... seriyana fraud da nee!

Balaji said...

that link was hilarious! real british humor that made shows like 'yes minister' such a delight :)

GratisGab said...

Boston awaits your next visit :)

anantha said...

Gabby: Boston awaits my *first* visit! Quincy is not quite Boston! :D

shobz said...

where are the snaps? i wanna see em... and anti add me to google talk please..

thennavan said...

I have gone as far as Burlington, Vermont with my brother but that was way back in 95. I somehow like the New England area and the only way I visit it these days is by flying over it (India pora yaaru dhaan adhai pannallai) :-)

communication skills said...

hahaha
very funny lot

anantha said...

Comm Skills: Ummm....You talking to me?

Thennavan: Hope to see more of New England. Seems very picturesque...

Shobz: Done...

Anonymous said...

Yenda yen maanatha vangara
G