Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Must Watch Movies

I watched Speilberg's Duel a couple of days ago. My only comments are that no Indian movie has come even close to beating this movie in this genre. It's an awesome "highway movie". RGV's "Road" came close, but the insertion of the "item" number(s) spoiled an effort that was shaping up to becoming a classic. I am, however, unware at the moment whether "Road" has/had an Hollywood "inspiration" at all. Someone fill me in please.

This is my list of "must watch" movies. Each week, I am watching atleast a couple of movies in this list and am constantly adding more as and when I hear of stuff that I have no idea about. "Duel" was one such pick.

This list does not, however reflect on the quality of the movies mentioned, but is an indication of just how much the other efforts of these individuals have captured my attention. This might not turn out to be the online equivalent of Oprah's book list, but it my own wish list, all the same. So people, feel free to suggest more movies.

K.Spacey
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Swimming with Sharks
Glengarry Glen Ross
Consenting Adults
Hurlyburly
Big Kahuna, The

H.Ford
Apocalypse Now
Working Girl

Brian De Palma
Bonfire of the Vanities
Wise Guys

Q.Tarantino
Jackie Brown

M.Gibson
Bird on a Wire
Air America

Speilberg
1941
Schindler's List
Artificial Intelligence: AI

J.Schumacher
Tigerland (2000)

Brad Pitt
Se7en
Seven Years in Tibet
Meet Joe Black
Snatch.
Cutting Class
Happy Together
Cool World
Devil's Own, The
Twelve Monkeys
No Man's Land

O.Stone
Wall Street
Scarface
8 Million Ways to Die

R.De Niro
Once Upon a Time in America
Angel Heart
Wag the Dog
Ronin

T.Hanks
Bachelor Party
Man with One Red Shoe, The
That Thing You Do!

Matt Damon
Rounders
The Talented Mr.Ripley

Ed Norton
Primal Fear

P.S I haven't linked to any of these movies. To know more about these movies, Just go on to IMDB.com and search for the movie.

No comments: