Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Fortuna Fovi Fortus

I first saw that slogan or catchphrase or whatever on the rear windshield of a schoolmate's Ambassdor car in India. I think it means "fortune favors the fortunate". Lately I have had instances where I have had some sheer luck at inconsequential times. Prime example was this question last night - Name the city that is the capital of the southern Indian state of Tamilnadu?

There were four other people, incl. the person who asked the question, in the room who had absolutely no idea of the answer. My answer stumped everyone till I explained. Out of the thousands of cities in the world, the question had to be about my own hometown.

But I haven't seen luck of this kind in a long time now in my life. I only wish that I had more of this kind when it matters most. I need it in the coming months...

No comments: