Tuesday, July 22, 2003

A Happening Week Goes Past

I did not know how to title this post. But when i realised all that I was going to post were just events of the last week, I realised I should stick to something that was basic. So there is this headline. I know it doesnt make much sense, but neither do I. Hence I guess its okie. Now on for the main issues...

First, I would like to inform all you regular readers that one of my previous posts (Indian History X) was featured in the 21st edition of the Bharateeya Blog Mela, hosted by Gaurav Sabnis. I was not gonna send that link to anyone because I thought a lot of people would be offended, but I guess most people sent the same way and I haven't really got any Howlers so far. I have a faint idea that the post about the Captain, took most people's attention from American History X. So read the peice (if you haven't so far) and tell me what do you think.

Another report of mine, this one analysing the performances of different teams in the Midwest Cricket Tournament will appear shortly on the second edition of the Midwest Tournament E-zine. I will include the link (to the article) as and when it is up on the tournament website.

Fridays are usually considered movie days, but this week we did not go on Friday. Hence, we made it to Nelsonville and watched Pirates of the Caribbean - The curse of the Black Pearl, starring Johnny Depp. Impressed with Johhny Depp's performance, a complete change from movies like From Hell and The Ninth Gate which were utterly serious movies. Depp plays a maverick pirate, Capn. Jack Sparrow, who's completely larger than life, atleast according to himself. Good watch, if you don't expect anything like his other movies (atleast the couple I have seen).

The outcome of one of our matches, against Charleston Cricket Club, was sub-judice under the tournament organizing commitee. This morning, we heard from the organizers that we had been awarded the match and with it two points. But it came only as a mixed feeling because one of the members of the OUCC's thinktank was handed a one match suspension as was Charleston's opening batsman. This award means that Siddesh's half century in his last match ever for the OUCC (not to mention Tariq's cameo) should be up and counted in the statistics. Only loser in this whole incident could be Tariq. Don't worry yaar, we are all looking out for u ;)

QOTD: "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid." - Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003)

No comments: